The ideal candidate of this role will be in Xilinx package design and development department to oversee package definition, design, verification, and documentation. The responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Determine package architecture and design, assess package performance and cost tradeoff, collaborate with cross-functional team for package technology and design rule development and drive package structure planning to form working POR
- Work with silicon architecture, substrate layout designer to create BGA ball map for layout feasibility & PCB routing.
- Work with SI/PI engineer for optimizing electrical performance including substrate s-parameter PDN/SSN/X-talk/IL/RL/Inductance/EM.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering with 3-5+ years experience
- Familiar with system stack, package layout, component thermal and mechanical, material, component/system level reliability, testing, and failure analysis
- Understand in-depth package development flow and work closely with NPI program management and manufacturing/process team to synthesize a cohesive package introduction plan
- Drive continuous improvement in package design and development cycle and ensure robust package design to meet performance, quality, cost and capacity requirements
- Familiar with package design rules, physical layout and tools used for package design and DRC. Recommend and enable new flow and tool features for package design evolving from new package technology