Xilinx delivers fully adaptive antenna technology 5G radio access networks to effectively address the growing demand for wireless capacity. Its platform enables mobile network infrastructure vendors to release the full potential of their RAN products through advanced features such as cell-splitting, 3D-beamforming, massive MIMO as well as RF power reduction. For the mobile network operator Xilinx technology enables dramatically increased site capacity, robustness, and availability as well as energy efficiency.
- Being responsible for radio unit SW platform re-usability across complete product range.
- Develop concepts for future platforms, features, and functionality.
- Being interface to product development and marketing.
- Understand the product (feature requirements)
- Change process
- Ensure SW functionality for different use cases
-Production testing (may be not in the scope)
- Develop architecture for re-usability of SW features across range of HW variances (in one radio unit platform).
-Ensure backwards compatibility.
-Configurability of SW images for support of HW variances and product variances.
- Monitor and review SW implementation for compatibility with future product needs.
- Collaborate with system architects and digital designers.
-Support of DD updates (e.g. Vivado version or digital design IP) to identify work packages and manage handling of side effects.
- Leading role in meetings (through presentations, documentation and being host)
-Change review board meeting
-SW roadmap meeting
- Manage tool changes (e.g. new Python version)
- Being owner of specification documents
-SW architecture specification
-SW platform specification
- University / University of applied sciences / University of cooperative education: Bachelor/Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Technology required
- Main focus on Telecommunication Engineering desired
- Knowledge in digital and RF design especially for active antenna systems
- Knowledge in cellular communication protocols and standards (3GPP, 5G-NR FCC, O-RAN…)
- Sound knowledge in embedded software design (embedded C)
- Sound knowledge in Python, Matlab, etc
- Sound knowledge with structured and object-oriented software development methods
- Experience in design, documentation and test of software
- Knowledge of operating systems and (radio unit) software platforms, e.g.
- Operating systems (especially Peta Linux).
- Application architecture
- Messaging through Internal and external APIs.
- HW/SW APIs.
- Troubleshooting and trace
- User management.
- Datapath configuration.
- Performance management.
- Fault management
- Practical knowledge of development flows and release management.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- 10 years+ of job experience