We are looking for a high calibre software engineer to join our expanding Cambridge team to work on Xilinx’s ultra-high-performance network and storage acceleration technology.
Successful candidates will be working on products at the leading edge of computer and network/storage architecture. Next generation products being developed target the phenomenal growth in data-rates, achieving designs with transaction rates in the billions per second per device, each device scaling out to every system in cloud datacentres.
The technology involves working with low level software, kernel and operating system design, hardware design, an understanding of system architecture and performance optimization.
To be successful you will have the ability to quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture. Ideally you will have experience of software at the hardware / software interface involving networking and storage, programming in C, on both Linux kernel components and applications software.
The role may include working in opensource communities and working directly with customers, that include some of the world’s leading technology companies. The role requires working across the global teams within Xilinx. Xilinx offers flexible pathways for career development.
Design, develop, test and debug software, owning the full software lifecycle. The following are an indicative list of job responsibilities:
• Design and develop complex system level software involving networking, storage, hardware, operating system, kernel, drivers and applications
• Contribute to test, quality, performance benchmarking and optimization initiatives
• Work on Xilinx customer engagements, with hardware vendors and also with linux community projects
• Be an active participant in team processes, continuous improvement and architecture reviews
The Senior Software Engineer should have the following qualifications in order to be considered for the position:
• PhD/MSc/BSc in Computer Science or a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics)
• Proven commercial software development experience in C
• Evidence of technical leadership in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in debugging complex functional and performance issues
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills in both co-located and distributed teams
• Desired knowledge of Linux kernel and device drivers
• Desired knowledge of python and ansible
• Desired knowledge of hardware / software interface and FPGA technology
• Desired knowledge of operating system architecture and virtualisation technologies
• Desired knowledge of software-defined networking and software-defined storage
• Desired knowledge of concurrency, application optimization and tuning
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve everyday problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.