At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
- Responsible for leading and participating in a number of small, medium and large scale, enterprise-wide projects.
- Partner with Engineering teams to deliver strategic initiatives, projects, recommend storage technologies along with automation solutions.
- Design storage systems for deployment setting up aggregates, volumes, LUNs, modification & capacity planning experience. Snap Vault, Snap mirrors, SVMs setup.
- Provide multi-vendor storage (NetApp C mode (AFF / FAS), Pure etc.) systems troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
- Contribute to roadmaps, leverage current and future technologies, provide innovative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering storage infrastructure, including Linux configuration & security management, patching, automation and storage system upgrades, troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Participate in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure; participate in 7x24 on-call support rotation schedule.
- Maintain, monitor, produce and analyze metrics for production systems to ensure optimal performance, resource utilization and uptime.
- Contribute to automation mindset using Python, Perl and familiar with cloud technologies, exposure to AWS is a plus.
- 3+ years of HPC storage experience. Support, maintain, improve and troubleshoot the related technologies.
- Ability to write and support complex scripts and programs, using Python, Perl, Bash.
- Understand file storage protocols including NFS, SMB, FCP, and S3
- Experience negotiating with Storage vendors and suppliers
- Experience / Exposure with virtualized environments (VMware, Xen, Citrix).
- Exposure / Experience managing large NFS environment supporting (1000+ node) compute clusters using LSF or similar job schedulers.
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts including TCP/IP, DNS and LDAP.
- Experience working on Linux infrastructure systems administration, including system installation, configuration management, high performance computing, security, package repositories, patching and installation of third-party software in very large environments.
- Experience with event and system monitoring (OCUM, Storage API’s, Splunk, Nagios) and workflow managers (Automic, Jenkins, WFA).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users, mentoring junior system administrators in complex topics and interacting positively with management at all levels.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in an engineering focused complex global Linux environment and associated IT Infrastructure.