At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architecture: Contribute to the architecture and design of the overall platform and power management software solution for Xilinx SoCs & Boards.
- Software Development: Develop Bare Metal firmware and Linux drivers for silicon bring-up, platform, power & thermal management (EEMI), Xilinx hardware design tools integration and subsystems management (System Device Tree & Lopper), heterogeneous compute management (OpenAMP) for Xilinx SOCs, board management software for Xilinx evaluation boards.
- Collaboration: Work alongside teams across orgs, timezones to identify & solve problems.
- Open-source: Upstream the Linux, ATF, Lopper & OpenAMP solutions.
- Ownership: Scope work and risks. Plan milestones & deliver high-quality work artifacts. Transparent in communication to all stakeholders.
- Customer obsession: Responsible for working with customers and customer support teams for resolving critical customer escalations.
- BS with 10+ years of related experience or MS with 8+ years of related experience in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related equivalent.
- Expertise in C programming language.
- Hands-on experience with ARM SoCs and Embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience with chip bring-up & reading board schematics, board peripheral data sheets, board bring-up.
- Hands-on experience with Linux kernel-space driver and user-space driver development.
- Hands-on experience collaborating with Silicon and Board design engineers and teams.
- Leadership experience driving projects - not working in silo, meeting with stakeholders, problem solving and deliver milestones and solution within agreed timelines.