At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The candidate will work at Xilinx Research Labs working on an advanced development project for extending next generation Xilinx tools and architectures. The main responsibility involves development and deployment of RapidWright, an open source framework for Xilinx FPGA backend implementation. This framework will enable a variety of possibilities for the open source community and will multiply the applicability of RapidWright in a range of scenarios.
This position involves:
· Working with various aspects of Xilinx CAD tools and architecture.
· Developing code in Java or Python.
· Corresponding with senior members of product teams to demonstrate benefits of the new framework.
· Working with large body of code in product tools.
· Contributing and maintaining open source software and deploying functional prototypes.
· Collaboration to identify the best interception points that facilitate the transfer of new software technology from prototypes to products with minimal disruption.
· Academic (or industry) correspondence to leverage open source community expertise.
• Programming experience in Java is required and experience with C++ and Python is highly desired.
• Solid understanding of general algorithms, graph theory and data structures.
• Experience and familiarity with FPGA placement and routing problems and solutions.
• Experience in programming FPGA based platforms and understanding of FPGA architecture fundamentals.
• Exposure to HDL languages and Tcl scripting.
• Candidates should be innovative, self-motivated and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with system level understanding of FPGA applications is a big plus.
• Proficient in the rapid design, implementation, and testing of advanced algorithms and data structures that solve project requirements.
Experience and Education: