At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The SOC Verification and Testing Engineer will work as part of the Product Verification team with the responsibility for SOC verification and testing.
The candidate will perform device level and system level verification, validation and debug, both in simulation, emulation and in post-silicon for next generation Xilinx MPSOC.
In addition, the candidate will be required to work with cross functional teams such as design, verification and scan test in order to develop and maintain fault simulation, debug procedures, verification components / environments, evaluation cards and test plans that facilitate timely SOC failure root causing and functional test coverage goal closure.
The SOC Verification and Testing Engineer will have good follow-through and show a commitment to quality. There are opportunities to define and implement debug tools, test methodologies and strategies for SOC testing and diagnosis.
• Participate in SOC system level test work including fault simulation, functional test development, system boot sequence, system random test and functional failure diagnosis.
• Assist in bring-up and test activities for post-silicon validation
• Maintain and document a library of SOC verification, testing and diagnostics components/tools/evaluation card targeting ARM processors and Xilinx MicroBlaze
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field with 5 plus years of relevant industry experience or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field with 3 plus years of relevant industry experience .
• With about 2 years of related experience in verifying/testing/debugging SOC low level software and hardware issues
• Strong Verilog/System Verilog skill to understand the specified hardware functionality
• Be competent to carry out the simulation related work such as testbench setup and waveform-based debug
• Familiar with C low level programming and scripting languages (Perl/TCL/Python)
• Strong analytic, communication and teamwork skills
• Familiar with ARM processor architecture and Xilinx MicroBlaze
• ARM SOC pre-silicon simulation and post-silicon validation
• Fault simulation/grading skill and tool experience such as Z01X
• Familiar with ARM A72/R5 embedded debug logic and CoreSight
• Experience with debugging processor and cache related issues
• Work experience related to system random test