At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership: Plan short & long-term roadmaps. Collaborate & align across organizations - architecture, marketing, program management etc.
- Ownership: Scope work and risks. Plan milestones & deliver high-quality work artifacts. Be transparent in communication to all stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Work alongside teams across timezones to identify & solve problems.
- Architecture: Contribute to the architecture and design of the overall platform and power management solution for Xilinx SoCs.
- Software Development: Develop Bare Metal firmware and Linux drivers for power management (EEMI), platform management (System Device Tree & Lopper), heterogeneous compute management (OpenAMP) for Xilinx SOCs.
- Open-source: Upstream the Linux, ATF, Lopper & OpenAMP solutions.
- Safety & Security: Responsible for all the phases of functional-safety (FuSa) artifacts & security best practices.
- Customer obsession: Responsible for working with customers and customer support teams for resolving critical customer escalations.
- Continuous learning: Willingness to learn fpga design skills and other skills as required on the job.
- BS with 8+ years of related experience or MS with 6+ years of related experience in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with ARM SoCs and Embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience with chip bring-up & board bring-up.
- Expertise in C programming language.
- Experience with Linux kernel driver development - device tree, clocking, pin control, resets, suspend-resume, interrupt handling, threading, memory management, synchronization and communication.
- Experience with baremetal/RTOS driver development - with eye towards memory footprint, performance, determinism, functional safety and security.
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing complex pieces of system software with cross-functional collaboration.
- Expertise using different open source tools for development, debug, version control and test benches.
- Experience collaborating with Silicon and Board design engineers and teams.
- Strongly prefer hands-on experience working on power & thermal management solutions.
- Strongly prefer hands-on experience working on heterogeneous embedded systems.
- Familiarity with FPGA programming is nice-to-have.
- Familiarity in Python and Tcl are nice to have.