At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Manages the cost-effective expenditures of company assets and assures availability of materials and services as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of supplier negotiations and overseeing activities related to the procurement of non-production related materials, parts, components, equipment and services in support of Sales, Marketing, IT, HR, Finance, Operations, Facilities and Engineering departments.
- Manages pricing, sourcing and contractual issues with the supply base.
- Some of the types of services are software design consulting services, IC design consulting services, business intelligence and marketing research, finance auditing, project management, public relations/advertising, managed services, and facilities services.
Clearly understands and has demonstrated contract negotiation and administration skills.
- Must possess ability to facilitate and/or lead cross functional projects, and RFP preparation and management.
- Must be able lead contract negotiations, including finalizing contract language and negotiate pricing and address all business issues.
- Able to implement and adhere to vendor management process.
- Maintain scorecards
- Hold regular business reviews with our vendors to discuss scorecard results
- Identify and agree on improvement areas.
- Own the vendor relationship.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing statements of work, including service level agreements is preferred.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as an industry subject matter expert.
- Understand significant trends in suppliers, technology, capacity, and cost.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Perform benchmarking to understand world class cost structures and how / why we differ from world class
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Leads and acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Drive improvements to minimize delta to world class (internal and external).
Years of Experience
Education and/ or Equivalent Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Management, Engineering, Operations, or Finance is preferred. MBA highly desirable but not required.
- APICS / ISM desired
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Analytic skills which include database, spreadsheet, and basic statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills (both internal and external).