Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for high calibre software engineers to work on the design and implementation of embedded firmware for the Xilinx SmartNIC networking platform.
This is an exciting role in the Xilinx Datacentre Group based in the Cambridge UK office. You will be part of a key engineering team developing software for next-generation networking for cloud and hyperscale data centre operators combining software defined networking, network and storage offload and hardware datapath customization.
The role will involve working closely with different teams both within the Cambridge office and more widely with Xilinx sites worldwide: working closely with the silicon team to refine the design and model the RTL, working with host driver teams to develop high performance network stacks and working with the system test to take products to release.
You will have worked extensively at the hardware / software interface involving networking in some capacity, programming in C.
To be successful you will have the ability to quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture. You will be able to tackle system level problems and demonstrate knowledge of relevant embedded debug techniques and tools.
We are looking for embedded engineers with a very strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or of similar calibre.
- 4+ years software experience (or equivalent) ideally working at silicon or networking companies with evidence of technical leadership in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products.
- Strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or similar. PhD qualified in a related discipline.
- Proven commercial experience developing in C
- Experience of python and other scripting languages
- Strong communication skills
- Hardware/software codesign
- Ethernet & TCP/IP
- Embedded systems ideally with extensive knowledge of system software and device drivers
- Understanding of server system architectures e.g. PCI-Express
- Experience of linux systems
- Experience of digital design (EDA tools, Verilog, VHDL)
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable
Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.