At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
A Xilinx staff silicon/embedded applications engineer has a solid understanding of FPGA and SoC product architectures and their design tools, participates in the validation and refinement of adaptive product solutions, develops and verifies reference designs in simulation and hardware, authors user guides, and tackles debug efforts.
If you can manage multiple tasks and would be excited to learn/apply system-level FPGA/SoC application experiences to the following daily activities, you should apply.
- Engaging with internal Xilinx teams, facilitating exchanges of information, interpreting requirements, and articulating application solutions
- Developing test/prototype/reference FPGA or SoC designs and verifying functionality with FPGA or embedded debug tools
- Directing and developing methods to debug and drive complex product issues and support cases to a resolution
- Formulating, validating, and delivering concise and effective product documentation
- Learning and sharing expertise in key product features, including the AI Engine VLIW processing tiles, to advance product knowledge among peers and customers
- BS with 8+ years of exp or MS with 6+ years of exp or PhD with 3+ years of exp in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related equivalent industry experience in programmable device applications
- Knowledge of FPGA and SoC design tool flows, including simulation and debug
- Knowledge of one or more coding languages (e.g. Verilog, VHDL, or C/C++)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of flash memories (e.g. QSPI flash) and managed NAND memories (e.g. eMMC/SDcard)
- Knowledge of FPGA/SoC boot flows and Linux are a bonus
- Experience with JTAG, SPI, I2C protocols; Experience with PCIe is a bonus
- Experience with lab tools (e.g. oscilloscope and logic analyzer)
- Effective organizer and communicator in cross-functional team settings
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and efficiently progress on multiple tasks
- Good judgment for customer-facing situations
- Excellent English writing skills
- Enthusiastic problem-solving skills
- Curious and innovative