Business Operations Manager, North America - Data Center
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Business Operations Leadership
- Responsible for all commercial aspects of customer engagement (e.g., business terms, pricing and RFI/RFQ management, legal agreements).
- Leads or supports projects or initiatives that center on the development of innovative pricing strategies that help Xilinx differentiate, reflect Xilinx's integrated business model and solution provider status in the industry
- Generates ad hoc trend reports as required in support of business status reporting and future planning (e.g., Xilinx growth metrics, key account directions, industry consumption trends, customer functionality needs, competitive market share)
- Maintains the integrity of Xilinx pricing, and ensures their compliance to established financial controls (e.g., SOX section 404)
- Develops pricing positions logically supported by the marketing intelligence, comparisons of similar accounts, and assessments of probability required to justify recommendations
- Exercises the business acumen and sound judgment required to appropriately balance the desire for new deals with the need to protect gross margin
- Conducts the value pricing analytics and builds the case justifications essential for protecting Xilinx's business interests while gaining sales buy-in
- Works closely with sales and marketing to resolve pricing issues and to facilitate escalations, to senior management
- Accurately documents pricing justifications both to ensure consistent understandings and to support sales proposal development and price positioning with customers
- Demonstrates the analytical and diplomatic skills to prepare for and execute large-scale deal negotiation and annual contracts (e.g. VPA).
Exception Pricing Review and Analysis
- Implements the customer account history research and collaborates with the vertical marketing team to fully understand emerging industry trends, competitive advancements, purchasing patterns, and market misalignments, and to determine how specific accounts fit within this broad dynamic (e.g., industry reports, top-tier customer financial reports)
- Offers solution alternatives (e.g., less expensive components) or pricing options (e.g., step pricing, consumption-to-quote) as an aid to weighing all considerations
- Develops compelling price proposals that balance Xilinx's strategic profitability requirements with what is needed to retain customer loyalty and maintain an account opportunity pipeline
- Works with sales and operations, critically assessing purchase forecasts with purchase actuals to identify gaps and to project realistic volume increases going forward
Pricing Justification Tenacity
- Confidently communicates the most relevant research and probable ROI scenarios required to defend, address, or resolve challenges to pricing recommendations
- Minimum of >12 years sales/marketing/finance experience in semiconductor MNC within North America
- Understanding of Processor/MCU/FPGA or Datacenter boards will be an added advantage
- Candidate MUST have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a proficiency in Database systems & Microsoft Office products (Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, macros/VBS), PowerPoint, Word). Complex modeling and data visualization skills (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau) would be a plus
- Thrives on responsibility and lives for the next big challenge
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a self-managed environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- A team player and collaborative worker with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Marketing, Business; Graduate coursework desirable.