At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Seeking a technical writer with excellent communication and project management skills. Candidate must be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines and projects. Must be passionate about information structure, content, and delivery. Must work successfully with internal customers to foster positive working relationships among engineering, marketing, and product applications groups
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience in technical communication in a similar industry.
This candidate will assist in the writing, editing, and production of technical documentation for Xilinx products. Candidate must also have proven editorial and organizational skills to ensure documentation produced complies with Xilinx and departmental standards and technical English guidelines. Must be able to quickly understand and use Xilinx tools, as required. This position works closely with senior-level technical writers to manage documentation projects. Working environment is fast-paced, high-demand, multiple-deadline driven. Experience with Xilinx or related products desirable.
• Two or more years of technical communication experience in a high tech field
• Experience establishing schedules and managing multiple project deadlines
• Experience working directly with SMEs
• Ability to follow and enforce style/writing guidelines
• BA/BS in English, journalism, technical communication, or a related technical field; or a university-issued certificate in technical communication
• Relevant technical background/experience
• Strong Technical English writing and editorial skills
• Strong verbal/written communication with global teams
• Strong organizational skills: project management and status reporting
• FrameMaker and Acrobat experience
• Experience with DITA or other XML-based authoring/publication systems, Visio or other graphics programs desired