At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx, we care deeply about creating significant development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We champion an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The product verification team is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the exciting career on creating innovative Firmware solutions to test the latest 7nm FPGA products and beyond. You will have the opportunity to work on complex MPSoC (Multi-Processor System on Chip) FPGAs with multiple advanced ARM/Microblaze processor cores, DDR memory, high-speed communication interfaces, programmable logic and more. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the firmware architecture definition and firmware infrastructure development to meet the manufacturing test requirements of complex FPGA products including the state-of-the-art 7nm SSIT (Stacked Silicon Interconnect Technology) FPGAs
- Develop innovative cost-effective firmware solutions to meet all the product quality, test cost, and diagnosability requirements
- Create and implement firmware-driven test strategies/methodologies with built-in diagnosis capability to support the testing of some complex components and sub-systems inside FPGA
- Work closely with IC design, FPGA firmware/software, verification and characterization, and product test teams to debug any firmware related issues on simulation/bench/ATE to root cause the problem within short TAT, to ensure timely delivery of robust firmware solutions to meet the product release schedule
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/IC Design or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in Embedded Software development and verification
- Solid programming experience in Embedded C for processor/microcontroller-based applications, and strong knowledge of Data structures and Algorithms
- Strong hands-on experience in pre-silicon validation through simulation and post-silicon debug using basic bench equipment is desirable
- Good knowledge of Verilog RTL design and HW functional verification is desirable
- Experience in digital design and firmware development using FPGA will have added advantage, and good knowledge of AXI/APB protocols is a plus
- Solid understanding of semiconductor fundamentals, digital electronics and timing closure techniques is a plus
- Comfortable in Linux environment and writing/using scripting languages such as Perl and Tcl
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability, good organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize and track many activities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work well in a team environment that spans across continents