The Xilinx Aerospace and Defense (A&D) vertical marketing team, which is responsible for Xilinx A&D revenue, profitability and the development of Xilinx’s A&D leadership strategy and market penetration, is seeking a RADAR/EW (Electronic Warfare) System Architect. This vertical marketing team is also responsible for product and solutions (including IP, software and development boards) planning for the A&D market, ecosystem partner development and management, and market strategies. This organization is also responsible for managing long-term strategic RADAR/EW customer relationships and continued profitable growth within the RADAR/EW business.
The RADAR/EW System Architect will report to the A&D Vertical Market’s Director. The role focuses on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the RADAR/EW market for commercial, civil, and government missions and satellite programs. Responsibilities include understanding market trends and needs, defining targeted solutions, developing specific customer and project architectural proposals, and engaging with key Xilinx RADAR/EW ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, A&D marketing and headquarters personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support the continued long-term growth of the Xilinx RADAR/EW business.
- Provide RADAR/EW technical expertise for sensor systems in terms of RADAR/EW, system architecture, and applications, to sales teams calling on RADAR/EW customers
- Work closely with Xilinx engineering and operations to define and specify future Xilinx RADAR/EW products and manage rollout
- Identify and characterize, thorough technical analysis, specific Xilinx value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from other (e.g. ASSP, FPGA, ASIC) products in the target RADAR/EW segments. Work collaboratively with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
- Prioritize and guide strategic A&D RADAR/EW segment partners through the definition and development of targeted products and solutions (RADAR/EW devices, IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Design Platforms) aligned with customer and market challenges that will enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, FPGA, ASIC, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and manage progress at partners where RADAR/EW solutions funding is invested to subsidize development toward RADAR/EW customer’s needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain key technical relationships with strategic RADAR/EW customers to complement existing or developing sales and marketing relationships. Leverage these relationships to identify customer challenges, needs and be able to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
- Develop and communicate RADAR/EW market requirements relevant to future Xilinx products, specifically for mixed signal applications, like the RFSoC.
- Provide insight on the RADAR/EW market and customer trends, needs, challenges, and segmentation.
- Provide RADAR/EW strategic input into the A&D business plan and demonstrate ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and lead through influence
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical field.
- 10+ years experience working at a company working directly on RADAR/EW programs.
- Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductors with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology desired.
- Knowledge of RADAR/EW electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with overall RADAR/EW system architectures required.
- RF,IF, Mixed Signal experience with strong emphasis on RADAR/EW DSP requirements.
- Understands the DoD Acquisition Cycle & high level System Security Requirements, such as AT, Assurance, Trust and Zero Trust
- Knowledge of Machine Learning market, technological and business trends, software ecosystem, and emerging applications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organization.
- Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated individual
- C/C++, MATLAB, Xilinx Tools
- US Citizenship required, Must be able to qualify for a secret clearance
- Job location is Remote
- Travel required (~25% Local (NA), ~5-10% International)