At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx has an immediate need for a Senior System Test Automation Engineer to support the successful delivery of cutting edge FPGA-based video solutions. Your role will be essential to enabling the successful development, testing and continuous integration necessary to deliver top quality solutions to Xilinx customers and partners. Your work will involve significant challenge as you plan, implement, configure, and expand the environments necessary for successful solution development as well as automated testing. If you wish to be a part of a fast-moving and dynamic engineering organization, consider becoming our new Senior System Test Automation Engineer.
Tasks and Deliverables
- Support, develop, prepare, and execute test automation in support of continuous integration
- Maintain lab systems used for development and testing
- Prepare lab systems with required hardware devices, operating systems as well as software packages to enable development and/or testing of video solutions involving FPGA devices connected to server class systems and/or embedded systems
- Assist engineers within the organization with issues pertaining to system administration and configuration
- Implement the necessary infrastructure to ensure successful multi-tenancy of lab systems for development and/or test purposes
- Develop and maintain dashboards for reporting of continuous integration systems such as test automation, static code analysis and automated build results
- Plan the infrastructure needs for product development roadmaps
Must Have Skills
- Experienced implementing infrastructure supporting continuous integration utilizing automated build and test systems such as Jenkins as well as static code analysis
- Knowledge of testing frameworks/architecture such as Data Driven and Keyword Driven
- System administration and networking experience with various Linux distributions including Ubuntu, CentOS, and Red Hat Linux
- Experience with hypervisors and Docker technology
- Experience with cloud-based deployments such as Amazon Web Services and/or Nimbix
- Experienced at Python and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Ability to work as part of a larger team to deliver quality solutions to end-users in a timely fashion
- Knowledge of build tools and infrastructure such as make and cmake
- Familiarity with video technologies including codecs such as AVC, HEVC, and/or VP9
- Usage of video-based software frameworks/tools such as Gstreamer and/or FFmpeg
- Administration/configuration of RTOS and/or embedded Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of FPGA devices
Background and Education
- 8+ years of work in the field of DevOps, system administration, and/or software test automation
- 6+ years of hands-on programming/scripting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with automated software testing frameworks
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, electrical engineering, or related field