Xilinx delivers fully adaptive antenna technology 5G radio access networks to effectively address the growing demand for wireless capacity. Its platform enables mobile network infrastructure vendors to release the full potential of their RAN products through advanced features such as cell-splitting, 3D-beamforming, massive MIMO as well as RF power reduction. For the mobile network operator Xilinx technology enables dramatically increased site capacity, robustness, and availability as well as energy efficiency.
• Creation and maintenance of embedded Yocto based Linux plattform running on Xilinx SoC solutions
• Take over ownership for platform from block-diagram concepts through the entire product life cycle
• Create power-loss tolerance, fail-safe and secure field update mechanisms, real-time performance, secure boot, connectivity and other solutions for appliance and open platform products
• Develop port and debug Linux device drivers, kernels and bootloaders
• Collaborate with hardware engineers on selection and high-level hardware architecture for new products
• Collaborate with verification and integration engineers to enhance systems for software build, test and deployment
• Collaborate with field application engineers to troubleshoot and diagnose and resolve problems reported by our customers.
• Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects
• Provide a high level of mentoring to other embedded software engineers
• Embedded Linux expert
• Proven systems and networking knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing)
• Expert knowledge of embedded Linux configuration, development, board support packages, bootloaders, kernel, drivers and application development
• Experience developing with Python and C/C++ within gcc/GNU tool chain
• Experience creating custom embedded Linux distributions using tools like Yocto
• Expert knowledge of compilers, linkers, debuggers, version control systems (git/gerrit)
University / University of Applied Sciences / University of Cooperative Education: Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Technology required
Main focus on telecommunication engineering desired
Knowledge / Experience:
Sound knowledge in embedded software design (Embedded C and Python)
Experience with structured and object-oriented software development methods
Experience in design, documentation and test of software
Expert in debugging and error analyzing of wireless communication systems
Know How in setup and programming of regression test systems in the fields of hardware / software integration and component tests
Familiar with release management and configuration processes; git, Jenkins or continuous integration is desirable
Knowledge in the field of communication protocols especially LTE
Team-oriented and self-dependent working style
Good communication skills
Extensive relevant industry experience is required
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.