At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are seeking an experienced Staff Network Engineer to join our Global IT Network team. This is a permanent position and is primarily responsible for the performance and coordination of network operations; cloud connectivity, troubleshoot network problems balanced with best in class customer service. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solves, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
• Applies expertise in the use of IT-related technology, processes, and best practices in support of IT solutions.
• Work with Xilinx customers on the Hybrid cloud connectivity support
• Qualify solutions which involve multiple networking vendors
• Prioritizes and drives quality and continuous improvement in delivering Data Center, Campus LAN & WAN in a large enterprise environment with global scope.
• Proactively builds functional / technical knowledge by taking on challenges resulting in the ability to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, resolve complex and advanced networking problems by coordinating with vendors and service providers for fault isolation.
• Designing network topologies based on new business requirements.
• Defining the scope, schedule, and budget of all network related projects and managing the execution of these projects.
• Ensures rigorous quality control through change management and provisioning of detailed documentation including as-built diagrams, system and network designs, and written recommendations to customers.
• Maintain business-critical systems by participating in a global high-performance team delivering operational support, implementing key project initiatives and coordinating network maintenance activities.
• Supports and actively participates in the skill building of team members.
• Participates in on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
Skills (Job Requirements)
• 10+ years’ experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure
• Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred or equivalent
• Familiarity with software defined networking including scripting for network automation and provisioning tools (Ansible, Python, etc.), and SD-WAN solutions
• Knowledge of Cloud and virtualized infrastructure (AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.) with a focus on networking and security
• Hands on experience with Python, JSON, Ansible, and CloudFormation as automation tools
• Experience with Cisco ISE and NAC deployments
• Hands-on experience with multi-cloud infrastructure, including VPC/VNet and network structure, IAM-based roles/policies, security groups, logging and auditing, as well as high-level familiarity with a broad range of Cloud services.
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems (NxOS/iOS)
• Solid, proven ability to administer recent versions of Cisco switching and routing, DNS, SSL, SSH, TCP/IP, IPSec VPNs, and other network services.
• Expert level knowledge & expert level troubleshooting experience in networking technologies:
o Dynamic IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP BGP, VRFs)
o QOS, STP, HSRP, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, Multicast
o All routing, switching & firewall gear in the Cisco Enterprise portfolio including Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, ASR and ISR platforms
o Working knowledge and operational support of ACI and automation technologies
o Load balancing & iRules in F5 LTM
o Riverbed Steelhead/Interceptors
• Ability to analyze traffic patterns and pro-actively identify anomalies
• Advanced experienced in the use of Network management and Monitoring tools for troubleshooting, capacity planning, performance management and lifecycle reporting.
• Experience in Aruba Wireless networking desired
• Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectivity interact with all stakeholders
• Must be creative and have initiative.