Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the Communications Design Engineering Team, in the position of a Hardware Development Engineer. This person must possess a deep knowledge of, and strong experience in, modern FPGA design and verification methodologies (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog, UVM).
The successful candidate will work as a senior contributing member of a team responsible for the development and functional verification of state-of-the-art FPGA-based Communications designs. Responsibilities include the specification, documentation, development, and verification of production ready wired and wireless FPGA based communications designs. The candidate must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work both as part of a broader multi-location team as well as independently with little supervision.
Emphasis will be placed on having a proven track record specifying, developing, and verifying complex designs in FPGAs. It is expected that the individual will be detail oriented, thorough, and place great emphasis on quality processes and results.
Xilinx holds a leadership position in the FPGA and communications markets and is well positioned, from both a technical and business perspective, to drive the FPGA paradigm into advanced communications systems. This position offers candidates exposure to latest generation IP, tools, boards, and FPGA products, and the ability to use creativity and advanced design/test methodologies to develop state-of-the-art FPGA designs.
BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE desirable)
Years of Experience:
· 6+ years of experience in FPGA design/verification
· 6+ years of experience in industry standard EDA development and verification tools including the Xilinx tool sets.
· Expertise in VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog and UVM based methodologies
· Experience in documenting, implementing, and verifying complex design and verification platforms
· Experience in developing design and verification specifications and plans
· Excellent ability to analyze and isolate RTL and test bench issues
· Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, TCL, and with C/C++ programming
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Positive attitude and good inter-personal skills
· HW behavioral modeling (System C, C/C++) is a plus