DescriptionAt Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
This position is responsible the position provides business partner support of Xilinx’s Global Operations and Quality organization, (GOQ), including the budgeting and planning for these global organizations. In addition, this position is responsible for the accurate, timely, and compliant close of our cost and inventory processes supporting our public reporting requirements.
This role is responsible for driving the finance agenda of gross margin improvement through cost reduction, efficiency, cost control, and return on investment. The position also coordinates the Cost Working Group of Gross Margin Forum, which identifies and drives product cost reduction opportunities at the working level.
The position leads the close process for inventory and cost, ensuring financial integrity in the reporting of Gross Margin, and interfaces with our external auditors as well. This role leads the development and implementation of policies that maintain compliance with reporting standards, and will be responsible for architecting and implementing the finance systems that provide the basis for our cost accounting entries. The position has direct reports in San Jose and Singapore.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires a broad set of technical and leadership attributes, including:
• Excellent technical skills in semiconductor manufacturing, supply chain, cost accounting and Xilinx systems
• Strong knowledge of related GAAP and SOX requirements
• High degree of detail-orientation to ensure conformity with GAAP / SOX
• Strong aptitude for understanding and optimizing processes and developing systems to support them
• Influence skills which scale from senior executives to individual contributors
• Ability to build strong alliances within finance and across diverse organizations and geographies
• Effective communication skills especially when articulating complex accounting information to differing audiences
• Excellent judgment and thorough thought processes demonstrated by sound choices/recommendations and appropriate escalation
• Willingness to confront issues head-on and demonstrate passion for doing what's best for the company
• Orientation toward results and action to resolve issues expeditiously with the right level of participation from constituent groups
• Assumes ownership, rather than focusing on a narrow concept of job scope
In addition to the attributes above, the successful candidate will likely have 10+ years of cost and manufacturing experience, deep knowledge of the semiconductor industry, significant experience managing a sizable and geographically distributed team, and will have made meaningful impact on the business results of their previous organizations. Depending on experience level and qualifications, this position may be filled at either the Senior Director or Director level.