Senior Design Engineer
Xilinx Edinburgh is adding to its Wireless Communication Design and Verification team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronic Engineer with a passion for FPGA or ASIC development to join a team with access to world-class components and development infrastructure to work on all aspects of the FPGA development cycle. You'll be working in a well-established team responsible for the design and development of IP components and systems for use by the world’s leading wireless telecommunications companies.
The role involves developing components and systems for key wireless customers taking specifications from customer requirements and industry standards through planning, architecture design and development and product verification. Opportunities exist for engineers with different experience levels.
This is an opportunity to work on leading-edge technologies including Wireless products (5G MIMO signal processing, O-RAN, eCPRI, RF Data Converters, Ethernet) using Xilinx's latest Versal and UltraScale+ products including MPSoC and RFSoC devices. These applications are critical to our company and to our customer’s success.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of programmable logic (FPGAs, ASICs, CPLD, embedded processors or microcontrollers).
- Experience of RTL design with Verilog, VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Experience in DSP and wireless communication technology development
- C or Python development for embedded systems (an advantage).
- Knowledge of Matlab or Python modelling of complex IP blocks (an advantage)
- Use of Tcl or other scripting languages to control Xilinx tools and/or other EDA tools (an advantage).
- Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado and SDK as well as 3rd party logic simulators (an advantage).
- Experience in design of high speed logic to the highest quality (an advantage).
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!