At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is currently seeking a motivated self-starter to join the Video IP Group in the Programmable Platforms Development Department as a Senior Software Engineer. The successful applicant will work on the development of high availability and high quality HDMI solutions. In this role, you will develop software device drivers, APIs, and reference designs to showcase the Xilinx Video IP portfolio. Hands on experience with development of embedded Linux kernel device drivers and video frameworks in Linux is a must.
• Responsible for software architect, structure definition and framework selection
• Software module architecture planning, implementation/coding
• Develop Linux kernel driver for HDMI Video IP/Subsystem
• Develop reference user application using Linux video frameworks
• System bring-up and in-system debugging
• Define system validation requirement
• Document software driver and application (concept, control flow, interrupt handling, etc)
• Support the field application team on resolving key customer’s issue
The successful applicant should possess the following:
• At least a Bachelor Degree in in Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Computer Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of relevant embedded software experience (5 years or more preferred)
• Strong in C programming
• Experience in Embedded Linux kernel driver development
• Experience in Embedded Linux system application development
• Familiarity with open source multimedia frameworks like ffmpeg, g-streamer etc. is a plus.
• Domain knowledge in video connectivity interface, such as HDMI or DisplayPort is very much appreciated
• Knowledgeable in scripting languages, e.g. Python, TCL, PERL
• Deployed systems on a variety of processors: PowerPC, ARM, MIPs, x86
• Experience in designing and implementing FPGA-based signal processing systems, including hardware/software interaction and testing on actual product hardware using video industry test equipment is highly desired
• Must be a team player with good oral and written communication skills
• Must be have the ability to lead and influence throughout a large organization