At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people's lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters - world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The Content Translator is responsible for translating Xilinx training courses from English to Mandarin Chinese and for reviewing the translation done by other translators. Translating and reviewing translation requires expert level knowledge on Mandarin language and FPGA technology, understanding of Xilinx products and latest trends in translation domain, and constant improvisation of the translation eco system.
Xilinx Course Development produces Training Solutions specific to our target audience focused on Xilinx products, technologies, and vertical market segments, and applications.
The Content Translator will be expected to create translated content that are technically correct, grammatically correct, instructionally sound, effective, engaging and targeted to the Chinese customers. This position requires the translator to work with cross geographical teams, ensure that the translation is shared across different teams within Xilinx and maintain high quality of the translated material. The responsibilities also include handling technical assignments such as contributing to course development and validation of course contents.
Principle Areas of Responsibilities include:
Program / Project Management:
- Directly reporting to the Manager of Solutions Development to translate training content on new product releases and product updates based on industry leading practices for Mandarin translation.
- Working closely with Chinese Training Manager, Chinese Translator Lead and Manager of Solutions Development to determine the translation priority, maintain and enhance translation eco system and get feedback on the translated content
- Using Content Management Systems such as Author it to export the course material from English database to Mandarin database
- Using Translation tools such as SDL Trados to translate the content
- Creating translation jobs and exporting the course materials from Content Management tools (like Author-it) to Translation tools (like Trados)
- Identifying the graphics which need to be translated and translating them
- Publishing the course material for review by experts. Incorporating the feedback from the review and providing a final publication of the course material
- Creating and maintaining the Translation Memory after completing the translation and translation review
- Having expert level Mandarin translation skills (translate approximately 1200 words per day with up to three technical/grammatical mistakes per 1200 words)
- Reviewing the content translated by other Xilinx/external translators
- Networking with other Xilinx teams and vendors to share the translation memory and best practices
- Identifying ways to enhance the translation flow of the Content Development team
- Improvising the Translation Eco System by following the latest trends in Mandarin translation through attending conferences and reading articles related to the field
- Managing Translation Vendors and the translation memory created by them
- Gain profound technical knowledge on Xilinx products and their applications
- Contributing to course development of new products, course updates and course validation
- Ensures that all Mandarin training content maintain a high level of language proficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Improves the Mandarin Translation Eco System to provide an optimal translation methodology and a Communication process that provides a regular status updates on translation assignments and sharing of translation collateral with other Xilinx teams to ensure the most effective execution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Make certain a successful achievement in the execution of all projects. Create and maintain a well-documented plan and gather resources to accomplish the goals of the project and or program. All projects must follow a process to analyze, define, develop, manage, implement and evaluate to ensure the flow and timely completion of activities that deliver results. Must be willing to seek help and have open discussions to ensure success. Anticipates obstacles, barriers and or gaps that would impact the project / program success and works to continuously improve and resolve to deliver results. Works with deadlines, on or under budget, delivering on agreed expectations by gaining mutual commitment to deadlines and desired outcomes in advance of the starting of a project / program.
- Fundamental level of technical acumen in Xilinx products and technology.
- Baccalaureate degree in English language or in English medium is a must.
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is a plus.
- HSK level 5 certification or its equivalent is preferred.
Years of Experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience with Mandarin to English translation is a must. Experience with translating Electrical Engineering content such as Digital, FPGA, HW, Embedded, Connectivity, and DSP design and applications is preferred.
- Native Mandarin speaker with excellent English language skills.
- Is required to perform moderate to complex work involving a wide range of difficult problems. Is required to exercise self-initiative, judgment and decision making ability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to the moderate or complex work. Must be able to work independently, with little to no instruction on routine work, but receives detailed instruction on new assignments. Must be able to exercise judgment, independence and initiative to complete all tasks and meet deadlines. Must possess internet savvy and proficiency with word-processing and presentation software.