At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
We are seeking an experienced Staff Network Engineer to join our Global IT Network team. This is a permanent position and is primarily responsible for the performance, administration and coordination of network operations; project delivery & troubleshooting network problems to deliver best in class customer service. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, enthusiastic, have good organizational, communication and project skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, problem solve, multi-task between operations and project-based activities.
Install, configure and support LAN, WAN, Wireless and Telephony communications systems in a large enterprise and factory environment for a global corporation.
Skills (Job Requirements)
· 10+ years’ experience with large enterprise level LAN, WAN and WLAN infrastructure
· Prefer advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred or equivalent
· Demonstrates advanced understanding of multiple Cisco operating systems (NxOS/iOS)
· Expert level knowledge & expert level troubleshooting experience in networking technologies:
o Dynamic IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP BGP, VRFs)
o QOS, STP, HSRP, VPC, Etherchannel, IPSec, Multicast
o All routing, switching & firewall gear in the Cisco Enterprise portfolio including Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, ASR and ISR platforms
o Load balancing & iRules in F5 LTM
o Riverbed Steelhead/Interceptors
· Experience with Cloud Deployments, AWS, Azure, and SaaS environments, proficient with deploying network functionality in the cloud and specifically related to SD network deployments preferred.
· Experience with demonstrated skills in Cisco CUCM (Call Manager) required.
· Knowledge in Cisco UCCX (Call Center) a plus.
· Advanced experienced in the use of Network management and Monitoring tools for troubleshooting, capacity planning, performance management and lifecycle reporting.
· Experience in Aruba Wireless networking & IP telephony desired
· Must exercise good judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Must be a self-starter, have good organizational and project management skills with strong follow-up
· Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interact with all stakeholders
· Must be creative and have initiative.