Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Product Planning and Competitive Analysis Engineer - Acceleration and SmartNIC
This position will be part of the Product Planning group defining next generation Xilinx ACAP, SOC and FPGA product families within Data Center team. The individual will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Analyze the performance characteristics of Xilinx' and ISV partner's SmartNIC and other accelerated workloads
- Identify performance hot spots and tune applications to run more efficiently on server-based platform
- Help develop up-leveled performance reports for higher level management for guidance on solution and silicon roadmap definition
Years of Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s in EE/CE or related fields.
- Technical background with 3+ years in applications or marketing roles at a semiconductor company
- Working knowledge of Network Protocols and Network Interface Architecture in general is a mandatory skill
- Understanding of modern cloud architectures and networking stacks is highly desire
- Knowledge of CPU workload offloading and load balancing techniques is helpful
- Knowledge of FPGA architecture, and a view of the competitive landscape of FPGAs highly desired
- System level knowledge of FPGA applications for wired, wireless products
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements across diverse applications and convert them into a compelling product vision