Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Looking for an energetic and passionate Embedded software Multimedia Test Development Engineer(lead) with 8-10 years of deep expertise to strengthen our software verification team in Hyderabad office.
Primarily this position will contribute developing test cases and use cases for multimedia subsystems Graphics, Display and Video on Xilinx current and future SoC devices.
- Lead team working on:
- Develop, integrate and test Linux drivers for video codecs, video capture, processing and capture, GPUs
- Develop tools and environments to enable customers to use multimedia effectively
- Contribute to the architecture of our system software solution for multimedia
- Work with different teams and external users to identify problems and create solutions for multimedia use cases including embedded vision and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Expand multimedia automation and regression
- Do hands-on work with hardware and software as required
- Proficient in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Proficient in skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products
- Understanding the inter-dependencies and complexities inherent in developing a highly integrated software product and performing collaboratively to strive for perfection
- Planning and delivering aligning to release milestones
- Experience in C/C++ programming and any Scripting languages like Shell, Perl , Python, Tcl.
- Basic knowledge of ARM Architectures V7/V8, and primary devices UART, I2C, SPI, SD, USB etc.
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in software stack validation for multimedia processing engines (GPU, Display, VCU).
- Good understanding of video codec standards and codec internals hevc / avc, motion estimation, etc.
- Test applications development experience for multimedia software frameworks GStreamer, Linux V4L2 APIs for capture (HDMI, SDI, MIPI, TPG etc.) and processing (Encode, Decode, scaler, scene change detection,) and Display DRM KMS framework.
- Testing experience of Display subsystems X11, fbdev, Wayland and graphics APIs EGL/ OpenGLES.
- Test case development for Video Subsystem Control Software
- Hands on experience in setting up test infrastructure and test environment on Linux based systems.
- Experience with source code management systems like GIT,CVS, Perforce etc.
- Any prior experience with Xilinx FPGA and Xilinx tools
- QT Applications development
- Mentoring and leading juniors resources.
- Experience with automated regression
- Knowledge of typical display pipelines like DMA -> Mixer -> Controller (HDMI/SDI) -> Display, Capture -> Encoder -> Network Transmit -> Decoder -> Display etc.
- Bachelor/Master of Engineering in Computer science/Electronics and communication
Years of Experience
- 8-10 years of professional experience with a range of computer systems, especially Linux, V4L, OpenMax, OpenGLES, OpenCV, graphics stacks, scripting and parsers, gstreamer, etc.
- Capable of leading team to define goals, tracking, release deliveries