Senior Software Engineer
The System Software (SSW) Team in Dublin is looking for an experienced software engineer with an interest in tools, automation, systems integration and software development to join the team. Our team works on cutting edge technology in analog mixed signal RFSOC devices from Xilinx. We develop Linux and bare metal drivers for RF, FEC, SDR, System Monitoring functions of our FPGA’s.
The ideal candidate must first be an expert C programmer who takes pride in consistent quality development with an emphasis on testing and the development lifecycle. As you will be working closely with silicon, embedded software and systems engineers you must demonstrate a keen interest in low level hardware integration and silicon design. You must not be afraid to take on a challenge and find a solution in a changing environment. An understanding of Digital Signal Processing and signal theory is a definite advantage but not crucial so long as you are open to learning.
We are looking for a well rounded engineer who can contribute to the success and growth of a new team based in Dublin Ireland. This team works in a close collaborative, “Can Do” style and we employ some of the principles of Agile as it applies to our domain. The following are some of the attributes of the role:
Nice to have some of:
- Extensive C programming, debug and toolchains in the embedded domain.
- Capable of Low level Embedded Linux/RTOS programming.
- Python Programming and Scripting is an advantage.
- An understanding of the Xilinx FPGA product and the system development process is an advantage.
- An understanding of CI and the build tool workflow (GIT, Unit Test frameworks, Static Analysis, Patching).
- Knowledge of QEMU or hardware/software co-simulation is an advantage.
- Experience in test automation,unit test and other code quality tools.
- Confidant in interacting with colleagues in different departments to achieve goals.
- Must be methodical, details oriented, innovative and enthusiastically capable of owning and delivering on tasks.
- Must be confident collaborating with external test teams to create functional test specifications and implement functional tests.
- Fully self-sufficient in software development concepts and methods, coding and scripting languages, and build, analysis and debug tools required in area of responsibility
- Demonstrates flexible adaptability in working with still maturing, generation-dependent software development and testing methods
- Actively monitors and responds to changing product requirements throughout the requirements lifecycle.
- Regularly assesses milestones and risks. Where warranted, suggests alternatives or mitigations
- Self-starter who is capable of independent working alone as part of a team or some leadership if the opportunity demands it.
If some or more of these tick a box then talk to us.
- Degree or Masters in Computer Engineering or equivalent
Years of Experience
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!