At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
The System Engineering Team plays a key role in the development of test systems for the test & characterization of Xilinx’s advanced device families. We are comprised of four teams. The system software team develops the embedded software running on Xilinx SOC/ACAP. The application team develops demos and applications for customers. The validation team develops an innovative semi-random system validation tool to validate and debug our SOC/ACAP. Lastly, the hardware platform team provides emulation/prototyping platforms and evaluation boards for internal system level engineering.
Our latest project is the ground-breaking Versal, with ARM based processor subsystem, AI engines, and CCIX based PCIe core, all connected with a seamless network on chip (NOC).
We are starting a new, innovative effort that requires working with all the endeavors in the team to elevate the level of validation on our ACAP. The goal for this effort is to find additional RTL, tool, ssw and validation bugs and issues.
We are looking for a Lead System Validation Engineer who can spearhead this effort in San Jose. You will be leading a small team to validate Xilinx tools, SW and HW solutions. You will work with applications, embedded Linux, Petalinux, QEMU, and a wide range of Xilinx tools. You will evaluate different open-source tools to create framework for this new methodology. We are looking for someone who has the vision to define this new methodology, is efficient at driving cross functional efforts, and is capable of doing technical part of the work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine design approaches and parameters to build a new validation methodology
- Create specifications and roadmaps
- Lead a small team and implement the framework
- Enable wide audience in the company to use the methodology
- Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
- Define and measure coverage for the method developed
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 10-20 years of relevant industry experience.
- Expert in software validation framework development
- Expert in Python coding and related libraries
- Experience in Hypothesis and PyTest a plus
- Understanding and experience in using embedded Linux
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Experience leading a small team and work in cross functional teams
- GIT and open source experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge in Xilinx technology is a plus