Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!PPG Systems Design EngineerSystems Design Implementation & Validation
Systems Design Requirements Assessment
- Has deep understanding of entire system, including implementation details and tools.
- Leads peer reviews of proposed design and validation results and modifies the design criteria 'as needed to ensure useful, accurate, and timely feedback to stakeholders and customers.
- Mentors junior engineers on completing complex tasks, debugging issues, and following prescribed best practices.
- Drives cross-functional debug of complex issues, spanning multiple groups and areas of expertise.
- Identifies and drives changes in designs and tools to meet customer needs at the hardware, software, and system level.
- Ensures that marketing and customer requirements translate accurately into specifications, considering solution completeness, costs, schedule impacts, and risks.
- Evaluates 3rd party solutions and performs competitive analyses to ensure best in class features'.
- Assists FAEs, customers and internal teams by acting as subject-matter expert, and leading technical discussions/presentations.
- Supports the definition of whole-system architecture and specifications.
- Critiques design proposals and implementations presented by others for review, providing accurate, timely and relevant feedback.'
The System Engineering Team plays a key role in the development of test systems for test & characterization of Xilinx’s advanced device families. We include system software team that develops the embedded software that runs on Xilinx SOC/ACAP, application team that develops demos and applications for customers, validation team that develop an innovative semi-random system validation tool to validate and debug the SOC/ACAP, as well as a hardware platform team that provides the emulation and prototyping platforms and FPGA supports for system level engineering.
Our most current project has is the ground-breaking Versal, with ARM based processor subsystem, AI engines, and CCIX based PCIe core, all connected together with a seamless network on chip (NOC).
We are starting a new, innovative effort that requires working with all the endeavors in the team to elevate the level of validation on our ACAP.
We are looking for a Lead System Validation Engineer who can spearhead this effort in San Jose. You will be leading a small team to validate Xilinx tools, SW and HW solutions. You will work with applications, embeddd Linux, Petalinux, QEMU, and a wide range of Xilinx tools. You will need to evaluation different open-source tools in order to create framework for this new methodology. We are looking for someone who has the vision to define this new method, is efficient at driving cross functional efforts, as well as capable of doing technical part of the work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Create specifications and roadmaps
Lead a small team and implement the framework
Enable wide audience in the company to use methodology
Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
Define and measure coverage for the method developed
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 10-20 years of relevant industry experience.
Expert in software validation framework development
Expert in Python coding and related libraries
Experiences in Hypothesis and PyTest a plus
Understanding and experience in using embedded Linux
Excellent debugging skills
Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
Experience working with embedded systems
Experience leading a small team and work in cross functional teams
GIT and open source experience
Strong communication skills