Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
PPG Systems Design EngineerSystems Design Implementation & Validation
Systems Design Requirements Assessment
- Prototypes and evaluates competing implementation approaches.
- Exercises strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Accurately documents and effectively communicates design decisions and rationale.
- Effectively works on multiple aspects of the project in parallel.
- Provides input and estimates to project plans.
- Plans and tracks to schedules, executes tasks, and reports status.'
- Actively contributes to design reviews.
- Applies advanced understanding of system functionality, hardware design, and software design to address implementation challenges' and debug complex issues.'
- Has solid understanding of FPGA and SoC building blocks and how they relate to the larger system.
- Provides input into feasibility studies for proposed features
- Understands customer tool flows and use models.
- Evaluates whole 'solutions against requirements making design tradeoffs based on best industry practices.
- Has solid technical knowledge to develop and release efficient and high quality solutions.
The System Engineering Team plays a key role in the development of test systems for test & characterization of Xilinx’s advanced device families. We include system software team that develops the embedded software that runs on Xilinx SOC/ACAP, application team that develops demos and applications for customers, validation team that develop an innovative semi-random system validation tool to validate and debug the SOC/ACAP, as well as a hardware platform team that provides the emulation and prototyping platforms and FPGA supports for system level engineering.
Our most current project has is the ground-breaking Versal, with ARM based processor subsystem, AI engines, and CCIX based PCIe core, all connected together with a seamless network on chip (NOC).
We are starting a new, innovative effort that requires working with all the endeavors in the team to elevate the level of validation on our ACAP.
We are looking for a senior System Validation Engineer to join this effort in San Jose. You will be working in a small team to validate Xilinx tools, SW and HW solutions. You will work with applications, embeddd Linux, Petalinux, QEMU, and a wide range of Xilinx tools. You will need to help evaluation different open-source tools in order to create framework for this new methodology. We are looking for someone is capable technically, and is innovative and communicative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Help determine design approaches and parameters to build a new validation methodology
Help create specifications and roadmaps
Work with a small team to implement the framework
Help enable wide audience in the company to use methodology
Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
Help define and measure coverage for the method developed
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 6-10 years of relevant industry experience.
Experience in software validation framework development
Expert in Python coding and related libraries
Experiences in Hypothesis or PyTest a plus
Understanding and experience in using embedded Linux
Excellent debugging skills
Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
Experience working with embedded systems
GIT and open source experience
Strong communication skills