Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is seeking a circuit design engineer who will be part of a design team focusing on development of analog and mixed-signal circuits to be used in the next generation of FPGA and programmable products. The position will focus on circuit designs to be used within IOBs and PHYs.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Design custom analog, digital and mixed-signal CMOS circuits in advanced technology nodes taking into account process variations and secondary process effects.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of process technology and circuit capability in implementing circuit design
- Guide and review layouts of designed circuits
- Support silicon characterization by both, collecting data hands-on in the lab and by reviewing data gathered by product/test engineers using automated testers.
- Exercise solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting design issues
- Work efficiently and with agility to implement designs using scripts and automation to speed the design process
- Hold peer reviews of designs or methodologies to accommodate corrections, changing requirements, or new features
- Accurately document and effectively communicate the rationale for a design
BS with 5+ yrs or MS with 3+ yrs of experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Experience or coursework in analog circuit design or custom digital circuit design
- Experience or coursework that included study of mask layout of circuits with attention to details that effect circuit performance, matching requirements and reliability.
- Experience or coursework project that used Sprectre, Hspice or any other Spice simulator
- Experience or coursework project that used CAD tools needed for circuit design such as schematic capture, layout editing, etc
- Demonstrable ability to write simple scripts in Python, Perl
- Familiarity with circuits used in CTLEs, FIR Drivers, Amplifiers, Bias blocks.
- Experience in using laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscope, signal generators, etc