Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual for the position of Embedded Software Engineer. This team develops the Linux operating system that runs on Xilinx embedded devices along with its applications. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and debug of various software components and tools for Yocto Project. Deliverables include building complex software related to embedded Linux, e.g. systems software, software development tools, applications, kernel development, BSPs
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong C/C++, BASH, Python programming and debugging skills.
- Experience with Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems.
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons
- Strong familiarity with the Linux operating system internals, kernel module, networking development
- Experience with the Yocto Project or PetaLinux is a plus.
- Experience in building embedded systems oriented towards implementing accelerators at edge is a plus
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) (provide additional functionality, ie software update, security, optimization, etc.)
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Excellent communication skills
Demonstrates expert knowledge of all as-is business requirements for specific areas of responsibility
- Proactively engages with users to identify and deliver against new automation opportunities
- Researches and critically assesses external industry best practices as input to process re-engineering discussions
- Proactively identifies and delivers solutions that reduce development and support costs
- Formalizes software specifications (if required) to ensure accurate implementation of assigned features
- Independently develops code to implement assigned features of low-moderate complexity, working with appropriate stakeholders to ensure the implementation satisfies the feature requirements
- Collaborates with the software test and applications teams to ensure adequate test coverage for assigned features
Bachelor or above degree, major in CS, EE or Software-related fields
MSCS, MSCE, MSEE with 5 plus years of professional experience or BS plus at least 7 years of experience