At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual for the position of Embedded Software Engineer. This team develops the Linux operating system that runs on Xilinx embedded devices along with its applications. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and debug of various software components and tools for Yocto Project. Deliverables include building complex software related to embedded Linux, e.g. systems software, software development tools, applications, kernel development, BSPs.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong C/C++, BASH, Python programming and debugging skills.
- Experience with Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems.
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons
- Strong familiarity with the Linux operating system internals, kernel module, networking development
- Experience with the Yocto Project or PetaLinux is a plus.
- Experience in building embedded systems oriented towards implementing accelerators at edge is a plus
- Develop or customize board support packages (BSP) (provide additional functionality, ie software update, security, optimization, etc.)
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of all as-is business requirements for specific areas of responsibility
- Proactively engages with users to identify and deliver against new automation opportunities
- Researches and critically assesses external industry best practices as input to process re-engineering discussions
- Proactively identifies and delivers solutions that reduce development and support costs
- Formalizes software specifications (if required) to ensure accurate implementation of assigned features
- Independently develops code to implement assigned features of low-moderate complexity, working with appropriate stakeholders to ensure the implementation satisfies the feature requirements
- Collaborates with the software test and applications teams to ensure adequate test coverage for assigned features
Bachelor or above degree, major in CS, EE or Software-related fields
MSCS, MSCE, MSEE with 5 plus years of professional experience or BS plus at least 7 years of experience