DescriptionXilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
We have an opening for a Sr. Staff Design Engineer in the SOC Timing Team. This team is designing and analyzing the future generations high-performance FPGA that is combined with CPU and IO subsystems to give unparalleled flexibility to FPGA consumers
As a member of SoC Design and Integration team, you will
• Own several full chip timing activities, including timing and noise closure for tapeout,
• Methodology development for Block level and Chip Level timing including, but not limited to constraints, budgeting, timing closure, data handoffs, margins, multi-scenario and timing-exceptions.
• Interface with various engineering groups, including design, CAD, software, and product engineering to guide design and analysis styles and review verification of blocks
• Develop/ enhance methodologies timing model generation and verification
• Debug design and flow issues related to Extraction, Noise, timing closure/ modeling/ constraint propgations, etc.
Common Essentials Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Exercises solid analytical problem solving in troubleshooting component designs (e.g., timing analysis, constraint setting)
• Creates and tracks schedules to ensure that component deliveries achieve technical and quality objectives per specifications in a timely manner
• Collaborates with design management and other engineering teams in identifying and addressing key areas where changes or the adaptation of methods is required to better align with Xilinx's needs
• Expert in technical innovation in the use of standard design implementation tools and methods (e.g. understands how to leverage the tool to have a positive impact on the design).
• Mentors junior design engineers on emerging methods and how best to integrate these into practice
Education and Experience requirements: