Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Senior Engineer 2 - PPCA
This position will be part of the Product Planning group defining next generation Xilinx ACAP, SOC and FPGA product families. The individual will have a key role in the following areas:
1. Analysis of competitive products to help determine the scope and direction of Xilinx products
2. Develop and manage analysis and visualization tools that will help in evaluating product features, revenue and other metrics from internal sales and other databases, in collaboration with IT
3. Analyze the needs of Xilinx’s key customers and markets to define the next generation of products from Xilinx, which maximize Xilinx’s revenue and margin while minimizing time-to-revenue and development costs
- Ability to collect various pieces of data from different databases and help analyze, visualize and produce web-based reports that provide new insights for the planning team
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with peers in the planning, architecture and design teams’ and make the right cost, feature and schedule tradeoffs
- Analyze competitors’ products and provide insights into features, implementation, use cases and cost
- Good communication skills and the ability to present data in a clear and concise manner
- Good understanding of Machine Learning / Deep Neural Networks for Image/Video/Speech is desired
- Some experience on managing Databases & maintain Infrastructure/PLM Tools that are used for Project Lifecycle Management, Competitive analysis and Benchmarking
- Ability to work with customers, uncover and consolidate customer requirements. Define specific products that meet the feature, cost, and availability requirements of the customers’ key applications. Document these requirements in a Market Requirements Document (MRD)
- Capable of becoming the subject matter expert in the areas of Wired, Wireless and datacenter infrastructure and contribute to the development of Xilinx products as applicable to these areas
Bachelors or Master’s in EE/CE or related fields.
1. Technical background with 7+ years in applications or marketing roles at a semiconductor company
- 2. Working knowledge of databases (MySQL etc.), scripting (like Python) and analytics tools (like Tableau) is essential.
3. Knowledge of FPGA architecture, and a view of the competitive landscape of FPGAs highly desired
- 4. Knowledge and preferably Hands-on experience on GPU Architecture is helpful
- 5. System level knowledge of FPGA applications for wired, wireless products
- 6. Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements across diverse applications and convert them into a compelling product vision