DescriptionXilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Xilinx is looking for an experienced kernel/hypervisor (Xen, Linux, etc.) engineer to work on cutting-edge Xen on ARM features with the upstream community. Xen on ARM is used to enable embedded use-cases, including static partitioning and real-time workloads, all the way to micro-virtualization for containers security.
Candidates should be comfortable working with the Xen hypervisor and the Linux kernel. Ideally, they have experience interacting with open source communities, and made upstream code contributions.
- design of new Xen on ARM features
- design and implementation of new virtualization components in the Linux kernel
- design and implementation of virtualization support in containers engines, such as KataContainers
Skills and qualifications:
- expertise with the development of Linux, or Xen, or other hypervisors / operating system kernels
- experience in performing collaborative open source development projects and effectively interacting with members of open source communities is highly desirable
- self-driven and capable of self-learning