At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
With the exponential growth in AI inference deployment, the state of the art in AI models are rapidly evolving and will continue for the foreseeable future. Domain-Specific Architectures are required for efficient AI inference. Only adaptable hardware platforms can provide efficient DSAs for the latest AI models. The Xilinx AI software platform makes Xilinx’s adaptable hardware accessible to all software and AI developers by providing a familiar programming interface and comprehensive libraries. The result is Real Time AI Inference up to 4X faster than GPUs and 10X less power than CPUs.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the DFE Technology team in the position of DSP Engineer. This team develops high performance and low cost digital front end (DFE) Radio designs for 5G base stations and DOCSIS RemotePHY applications with Xilinx’s unique RFSoC and Versal products and influences future device architectures. As DSP Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on DFE design, development and system testing, with a strong focus on Digital Pre-distortion (DPD) and Crest Factor Reduction (CFR) which are critical to Xilinx’s growth in sub-6GHz and mmwave 5G and cable communications applications.
- Responsible for design, optimization and testing of communication signal processing algorithms and its fixed precision implementation and test with Matlab, C/C++
- Responsible for writing optimized code for VLIW/SIMD processors
- Developing a rich set of library kernels for 5G DFE, Beamformer, general signal processing functions and BLAS
- Work closely with tools and design teams in US, Europe and India offices
- Candidate will participate in different phases of a project, including architecture, system design, coding, unit testing, integration and maintenance and customer support
- Create support documentation (data sheets, user guides, application notes, etc.) signal processing kernel and library products.
- Assist software/tools engineering (or other dependent organizations) during integration phase of projects, i.e. integration testing and/or software flow testing.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MSEE preferred
- 3+ years of experience developing optimized latest digital radio solutions with DSP processors and/or SIMD and VLIW processor architectures
- 3+ years’ experience in coding and optimization of signal processing kernels and library for DSP processor or GPU (examples would include LTE-A, adaptive systems, synchronization, control systems, OFDM, MIMO, spatial multiplexing, beamforming, digital IF processing etc).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP), including digital filters, FFTs, fixed-point implementation of DSP data paths, digital communications.
- Fluent in C/C++, Matlab, hands-on experience in fixed-point C/C++, communications system design using fixed-pint arithmetic in C/C++ is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience creating internal and/or customer facing detailed documentation