Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Strategic Applications Engineer Job Description:
Provide pre and post sales technical support on design tools, silicon and IP to Xilinx FAEs and customers by means of software, system and module level design evaluations and issue resolution. Occasional customer visits and informal training. Travel to customer sites to work with them side by side as the Xilinx expert. Provide feedback to various product development teams to help define future product enhancements and evolution including IP cores, device architectures and software tools.
Must be able to complete the following with minimal guidance:
- Debug customer designs and identify software and/or hardware issues through simulation, emulation and on-site analysis of typical FPGA/SOC design issues
- Design, develop, code and test embedded reference designs
- Review, profile, optimize, debug customer code
- Run design benchmarks on a variety of OS/ bare metal implementations
- Write, optimize or modify software drivers
- Write, optimize, modify or analyze software low level applications on bare metal or a variety of OS environments
- Become the regional subject matter expert on a chosen application or hard IP module
- Optimize Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence solutions from Caffe/Tensorflow to FPGA/SOC architecture.
- Provide technical assistance to help achieve FAE design win targets in the embedded space
- Develop, recommend and support customer design methodologies
- Work with 3rd party software ecosystem providers to support mutual customers
- Support customer project design reviews.
- Work with product development teams to provide feedback and suggestions including the filing of change requests for documentation and software etc.
Looking for candidate in Dallas, San Jose, or Longmont CO
- 5+ years experience in FPGA, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence or embedded software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic or Computer Science
- Knowledge of Processor Architecture and design for both hardware and software
- Experience of ARM processor architectures and tools considered as a preference
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ and TCP/IP networking
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Detailed knowledge of Linux, code development and scripting
- Real-time embedded RTOS based development expertise
- Familiarity with 3rd party OS, compilers, hypervisors, profilers, emulators and debuggers
- Demonstrated capability for lab and system debug
- FPGA knowledge extremely beneficial
- Hardware knowledge and understanding of HDL, Xilinx Tools and silicon a benefit
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and track activities
- Service and results orientated with strong desire to support customers as well as an extension of a dynamic sales team
- Proficient use of MS Office programs (Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc) is required