Software Design Engineer
Xilinx’s IPS Software team is expanding. This team has seen phenomenal growth over the last 2 years and continues to expand. We are recruiting for a fast learning, dynamic software design engineer with experience in low level driver development within a Linux environment.
This position will offer a strong career path within a fast-paced environment where you will develop your skills working with the latest cutting-edge FPGA technology, tools and next-generation architecture.
Responsibilities include specification and development of Embedded Software for use in Linux, Windows and standalone products. This will involve architecting, designing and implementing software subsystems to control FPGA hardware solutions.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with software development in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience in low level driver development, register interface programming, general algorithms and data structures
- Experience with embedded processors such as ARM
- Experience with industrial standard devices e.g. Ethernet, PCIe, SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO and Memory architectures DDR/SDRAM/DMA
- Experience in high performance compute, storage or network acceleration is an advantage
- Experience in the areas of virtualization (ESX, KVM, Xen), networking frameworks (DPDK, OVS), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) is an advantage
- Scripting language experience like Perl, Python or TCL is an advantage
- Proven track record of delivering software projects that exceed customer quality expectations
- Wired or wireless telecommunications experience is an advantage
- Experience in HDL design on FPGA platforms is an advantage
- A self-starter and team player
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the
edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!