As a Datacenter Solutions Architect - EMEA you will be a key member of the EMEA sales team supporting a growing number of customers leveraging FPGA for compute acceleration and networking. An ideal candidate for this role will have both a business mind set and a technical background to be able to engage with a wide range of teams at customers in Datacenter industry: business managers, architecture, development and strategy team.
- Work with Datacenter application providers, internal development teams, sales, value added resellers, independent hardware and software vendors and customers to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx technology for application acceleration.
- Participate in industry associations and at events to raise awareness of Xilinx solutions for the Enterprise Datacenter industry.
- Project addressable market sized for a range use cases in the industry and work to develop opportunities with the largest customers with these use cases.
- Ensure that Xilinx development teams are focused on the integration of the applications with the largest addressable market.
- Deconstruct customer requirements into functional blocks that clearly indicate where FPGA (with or without IP) is indicated, where not, and where Xilinx IP and partner IP may contribute significantly to the solution
- Identify, Drive and Close specific POC/Demo/benchmarking activities to product design wins within the Enterprise Datacenter market
- Perform technical assessments for customer driven organic or ecosystem IP/solution development projects/services in partnership with system architects and the R&D organization
- Develop User Guides, Applications Notes and White Papers) for the Datacenter market using Xilinx solution.
- Should be able to present to all customers on presale engagement, drive presales activities
- And collect customer requirements and propose system level acceleration solutions
- Will cover Tier 1 and 2 datacenter customers in Europe
- Involved in PoC creation, be an expert in showing live DEMOs and answer customer questions
- Writing applications and driver code in HLS, C/C++/OpenCL
- Understand competitive solutions, and be able to benchmark Xilinx solution VS. the competition
- Customize the existing solution based on customer needs, work with local FAEs to support the customers.
Cross functional team and ecosystem partner engagements:
- Work with internal development teams, sales, marketing and planning teams
- Understand internal and external solutions
- Collaborate with independent hardware and software ecosystem partners to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx technology for datacenter acceleration applications
- Develop white papers and application notes to promote Xilinx solutions
- 30-40% time travel is required
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science. MS or PhD desirable.
- Must understand all relevant market solutions, and roadmap for all 3 datacenter segments including compute, network and storage
- For Compute, will need to have understanding of AI/ML/DL, video, database solutions.
- For network, will need to have more than 10 years of network platform/solution developments experience.
- For storage, will need to understand the latest storage trends and technology.
- Must have complete understanding datacenter workload from both HW and SW perspective.
- Comfortable in architecture discussion with system/software architects.
- FPGA experience is desired.
- 5+ years of Datacenter architecture and applications experience
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing, business development, sales, sales engineering, or marketing role highly desirable
- C, C++/Fortran programming experience
- Experience with OpenCL, OpenMP, MPI and other parallel programming languages
- Exposure to GPU programming and knowledge of CUDA programming
- Experience with Enterprise Datacenter algorithms and familiarity with performance analysis tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills