Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
As a Xilinx Product Applications Engineer you will provide technical support for Xilinx solutions including design tools such as SDAccel and Vivado as well as associated FPGA’s and SoOC’s like Virtex® UltraScale+ and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC. You will interface directly with customers, field engineers and factory engineering groups to rapidly resolve complex technical issues enabling customers to proceed with their designs and improving Xilinx products along the way.
· Provide direct technical support to customers on critical design issues.
· Work in a team environment in identifying customer problems and proposing appropriate solutions
· Provide customers advice on alternative design techniques and the implementation of solutions
· Provide information and data on a variety of Xilinx products
· Provide solutions for specific customer needs
· Working on specific tactical projects for key design programs
· Generating Application notes, Reference Designs and Answer Records
· Provide input to product development teams
· Handling customer escalations and tactical software patch requests
· Summarizing and providing customer feedback to development teams
· Handle escalations in expertise area and be able to understand system level details to handle customers problems and guide them to closure
· BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred
· Minimum of 6 years of applications engineering or related design experience
· Ability to communicate technical information in an organized and understandable fashion
· Customer oriented approach with a demonstrated concern and desire to work with and assist customers
· Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and track many activities
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills :
· In-depth understanding of FPGA design flow and tools (HDL, synthesis, constraints, place and route, simulation, timing closure...)
· Xilinx Vivado and SDAccel experience
· Rich design & debug experience in C/C++, OpenCL, Make, TCL
· Understanding of embedded systems design flow and tools
· Advanced Debug skills in software environment and strong problem solving skills