Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
We are looking for a pre-sales applications manager for our RFSoC product line. This individual will support the specification, qualification, and deployment of these products in customers systems. These devices are used in a variety of applications such as cable head-end, wireless communications and medical imaging. Our RFSoC’s have data converters (RF- ADCs and RF- DACs) which are integrated into FPGA devices both monolithically and with 3D technology.
- Provide expert pre and post-sales support, and resolve customer escalations professionally even with difficult, emotional customers. May work directly with some customers on specific issues.
- Set own direction and product decisions given best information. Keep self and team members motivated and engaged toward goals. Proactively check with management chain to ensure alignment and anticipate, understand potential changes.
- Negotiate for wins across group boundaries, utilizing relationships already built. Work toward agreement, but knows how to identify and address objections through management.
- Provide/construct training material (Subject Matter Expert)
- Handle advanced debug of unique issues/hot issues/critical escalations
- Generate new solutions to complex problems for 5G wireless
- Responsible for escalating to engineering (if needed)
- Provide advanced level training for Customers/PAE's/Sales/Development
- Help formulate Product Requirements pre definition
- Work with factory teams on New Product Introduction and Early Access programs
- Create User Guide content
- Thought leader for WTS support program innovation
- Anticipate industry and Xilinx trends that will affect WTS
- Direct RF sampling data converters
- Simplify and communicate even the most complex subjects, making options, tradeoffs, and impact clear. Always has a very good understanding of opposing points of view, and the reasons for them.
- Prepare and present good presentations in their area of expertise, even for recent topics, and can tune for differing expectations of different audiences, and exec management vs. individual contributors.
- Develop and deliver excellent training materials and classes with little guidance, for a variety of audiences with as much technical depth as needed.
- Author complete and accurate documentation tuned to the needs of the reader for their areas of expertise.
- Assist with testing methodology to ensure broad and complete coverage from a customer flow and usage standpoint.
- Uses the product as a customer would to understand strengths and areas for improvement. Perform advanced interactive testing and can assist with defining quality metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 8 years’ experience or Master’s Degree plus 6 years’ experience
- Experience in the design of RF systems including components specification, PCB design and layout, extraction and modeling
- Qualifications of RF and data converter systems against specific industry standards
- Bench equipment automation and associated GUI development
- Extensive experience in the lab characterizing and debugging RF and data converter components and systems.
- Strong DSP understanding and use of associated tools such as MatLab and SimuLink.
- Experience in embedded software environment
- Extensive customer facing experience
- Strong understanding of typical RF system performance parameters specification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are also required
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong problem solving