As a High Performance Computing Solutions Architect you will be a key member of the EMEA sales team supporting a growing number of customers leveraging FPGA for compute acceleration and networking. An ideal candidate for this role will have both a business mind set and a technical background to be able to engage with a wide range of teams at customers in HPC industry: business managers, architecture, development and strategy team.
- Work with HPC application providers, internal development teams, sales, value added resellers, independent hardware and software vendors and customers to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx technology for HPC application acceleration.
- Participate in industry associations and at events to raise awareness of Xilinx solutions for the HPC industry.
- Project addressable market sized for a range use cases in the industry and work to develop opportunities with the largest customers with these use cases.
- Ensure that Xilinx development teams are focused on the integrating with the HPC applications with the largest addressable market.
- Deconstruct customer requirements into functional blocks that clearly indicate where FPGA (with or without IP) is indicated, where not, and where Xilinx IP and partner IP may contribute significantly to the solution
- Identify, Drive and Close specific POC/Demo/benchmarking activities to product design wins within the HPC market
- Perform technical assessments for customer driven organic or ecosystem IP/solution development projects/services in partnership with system architects and the R&D organization
- Develop User Guides, Applications Notes and White Papers) for the HPC market using Xilinx solutions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science. MS or PhD desirable.
- 5+ years of HPC experience
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing, business development, sales, sales engineering, or marketing role highly desirable
- C, C++/Fortran programming experience
- Experience with OpenCL, OpenMP, MPI and other parallel programming languages
- Exposure to GPU programming and knowledge of CUDA programming
- Experience working with supercomputing and technical computing customers
- Experience using scale-out cloud and/or HPC architectures for parallel programming
- Experience with HPC algorithms and familiarity with performance analysis tools
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ways to stand out from crowd:
- X86, ARM, IBM architecture knowledge and familiarity with heterogeneous processor architectures such as AMD/NVIDIA GPUs, ASICs, FPGAs and interconnect technologies such as IB.
- Experience working with HPC Server OEMs e.g Cray, Atos, Lenovo etc
- Knowledge of Xilinx specific design experience including demonstrable proficiency with Xilinx design methodology and implementation tools.
- Hands on CUDA experience and optimization experience of compute kernels in CUDA/OpenCL
- Knowledge of modern deep learning software architecture, frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe etc.