Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
The position of Senior Product Planning Engineer will play a key role in the definition of Xilinx’s new product families. This position requires an experienced marketing and engineering professional who can analyze the needs of Xilinx’s markets to define the next generation of products.
· Capable of becoming the subject matter expert in the areas of AI acceleration, Data Center Infrastructure, Wireless & Wired Infrastructure, ARM IP, Digital Signal Processing and System Power Management.
· Will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with peers in the planning team, vertical marketing teams and target customers to identify key applications and corresponding business plan and forecasts, that offer a significant revenue opportunity for Xilinx.
· Capable of consolidating requirements and define specific products that meet the feature, cost, and availability requirements of the key applications and document these requirements in a Market Requirements Document (MRD). Must be able to make the tough decisions and unambiguously state that a feature is either in or out of the product.
· Able to understand what is required to deliver the “whole product” for the device family and ensure that the wider organization is executing to a plan, including the requirements for development tools, IP cores, demonstration boards, etc.
· Develop a close working relationship with engineering to determine development cost and schedule and make the necessary trade-offs. In this role the person must negotiate product features appropriately and refine the marketing requirements into a final plan of record as documented in a Product Requirements Document (PRD).
· Can present in a concise manner to both executive level and technical audiences.
· Uses good judgment and is capable to operate in a dynamic environment and manage changes to the plan as additional requirements are identified or technical issues arise.
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world.
BSEE (MSEE or MBA helpful)
Years of Experience
5 to 15 years of applicable experience.