At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
Xilinx’s technology is at the forefront of the automotive industry. Our automotive products meet or exceed the functional safety and quality standards required by the industry. Today, Xilinx is helping to bring a new experience to passengers around the world propelling the rise of autonomous Transportation as a Service (TaaS). Xilinx’s proven and adaptable AI platforms enable our customers to innovate new features and capabilities for ADAS, Autonomous Driving and In-cabin driver and occupant monitor systems.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Automotive System Architect – China Region
This position can be based in any major city in China and will require travel throughout China.There may be some travel to Korea and India.
The Automotive Business Segment Team is responsible for the development and execution of Xilinx market leadership strategy for the global automotive industry. This strategy includes silicon roadmap, application-specific solutions (including Intellectual Property, software and development platforms), ecosystem partners, and customer engagement. The group is charged with maintaining and expanding the XA (Xilinx Automotive) silicon product line, including both inbound product definition and outbound marketing. It is ultimately responsible for managing long-term strategic Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Tier One customer relationships and continuing revenue growth and profitability for the company. The Automotive business segment team is made up primarily of automotive OEM, Tier One, and semiconductor industry veterans.
The Automotive System Architect – China will report to and align with the Automotive Solutions Director. In addition, the System Architect will work closely with the regional business development leads and will also have direct access and interaction with the Automotive Business Segment Senior Director. The Automotive System Architect role focuses on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the automotive market, specifically in the areas of Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS)/Automated Driving, Infotainment, Driver Information, and Electric Vehicle. Responsibilities include development of targeted solutions, customer/project specific architectural analysis/proposals, and engagement with key Xilinx automotive ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, automotive marketing, and factory personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support continued long-term growth of the Xilinx automotive business, as well as development of key customer relationships where trust drives transparency and opportunity.
- Provide broad practical automotive technical expertise, in terms of automotive ECU design, Hardware/Software architectures, and application specific methodologies, to sales teams calling on automotive customers with the objective of driving sales growth.
- Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific Xilinx Programmable Logic and SoC value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from Application Specific Standard Product (ASSP) products in the target automotive application segments. Work with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic Intellectual Property (IP) partners applicable to the automotive segment with the objective of guiding partner activity and priorities base on differentiating programmable logic solutions from ASSP approaches and maximizing sales growth.
- Define and develop (leveraging partners and internal resources) targeted solutions (IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Development Platforms) aligned with relevant market/customer problems, that enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and/or manage progress at partners where Automotive Solutions funding is used to subsidize development toward automotive customers goals/needs.
- Develop and maintain key technical senior management/executive relationships with strategic automotive customers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to complement existing or developing sales relationships. Use these relationships to determine customer solutions needs and to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
- Work with Xilinx product planning team to develop, communicate, and justify automotive requirements relevant to future Xilinx products.
- Collaborate with Xilinx FAEs and Specialists (e.g. Processor, DSP, Quality, Functional Safety, etc.) to produce specific application and product design solutions for customers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree (minimum).
- 10+ years of automotive supplier/Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and/or automotive semiconductor industry experience. Experience with automotive ECU architecture and/or development preferred.
- Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductor with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology is preferred.
- Experience with mapping/partitioning automotive ECU functionality to electronic components. Expertise in Software Development, Operating Systems, and AUTOSAR is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with Infotainment, Driver Information, Driver Assistance/Automated Driving, and/or Electric Vehicle applications (HW & SW) and system architectures is highly desired.
- Familiarity with functional safety and automotive electronics security needs is a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation) is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a highly cross-functional and geographically diverse organization
- Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated, self-starting, individual
- Desired job location is in Shanghai or other major city in China
- Must be willing to frequently travel throughout the China-APC region