Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
As the Physical design lead of the MPSoC design team in Hyderabad, you'll be responsible for leading physical design closure efforts for complex designs. Taking design from RTL to GDSII. Owning and driving few aspects of design like synthesis, DFT , timing and physical design.
Essential Duties , Competencies & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leading a timing signoff team to take a design from RTL to GDSII
- Hands on ownership of one or more activities of physical implementation flow especially focussed on full chip timing signoff
- Interacting with RTL design, DFT and physical design teams to resolve all resolve issues for implementation
- Participate in design reviews and design closure discussions
- Develop or enhance scripts for various physical closure activities
- Provides technical mentoring, and knowledge sharing via brown bags, formal presentations, and working meetings to broad organization and leaders
- Defines and drives workflow processes to mitigate challenges and support planning
- Good understanding of complete physical design flow in 16nm, 7nm
- Must have gone through multiple tapeout cycles, revisions and metal ECOs in ASIC, SOC domains
- Hands on Expertise with PD,STA tools (like ICC, Primetime) is a must
- Must be an expert in timing methodologies - STA signoff flows, constraint creation and verification, clock tree estimation/guidance , budgeting flows, optimization techniques, hierarchical timing modelling, , ECO generation, OCV, spice sims etc
- Experience in timing convergence performances in processor cores, high speed interfaces is desired.
- Strong scripting skills using Perl, TCL, C-shell, Make and/or other scripting languages.
- Timing characterization and post silicon timing correlation , critical path simulation, spice clock path simulation (jitter/duty cycle), repeater and feed-through methodologies is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant Course work, research, professional experience on physical closure, floorplan, CTS, routing, timing, noise, crosstalk, electro migration, IR drop, process variations, characterization, 3D ICs, low power cmos, digital logic and circuit design, ASIC/ SOC integration.
BE. MS Elec or equivalentYears of Experience