Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer with a focus on assembly & packaging manufacturing technology. In this position, you will be responsible for working with the BU and assembly partners to define, assess, qualification and ramp to production and sustaining production with best in class yield, cost, and package reliability.
- Leads establishment, review and audit of manufacturing specification, control plan and FMEA for all assembly & substrate and suppliers
- Lead NPI to evaluate and validate new design rules, manufacturing process and new material does not impact schedule on time to market, cost, quality and reliability tests
- Lead NPI qualification with the goal to achieve success in first time passing Xilinx defined reliability test.
- Lead collaboration with suppliers to meet Xilinx's goals (cost, yield, quality and reliability) and continuous improvement activities
- Lead investigations, risk assessments on quality activities including PCN, lot on holds, issues including MRB, customer complaints, RMA
- Publish yield, quality metrics and indices report on weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Lead all evaluation data collection including FAI and use statistical analysis to present data and decision made.
Bachelor or Masters of Science Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Physics and Electrical Engineering.
6-10 yrs of Industrial Experience
Excellent knowledge in wirebond & flip chip interconnect technology, leadframe, laminate and ceramic substrate technology.
Experience working with assembly sub-contractors.
Excellent knowledge of assembly materials and new material development, assembly technology, supplier capability trends, design rules
Excellent knowledge in new product introduction and implementation of continuous improvements on existing products involving complex electronic systems.
Strong fundamentals in the fields of Applied Physics, materials selection methodologies, Design of Experiments, statistical analysis, SPC methodologies and data tools.
Hands-on knowledge of package reliability requirements, failure analysis techniques
Excellent knowledge of JEDEC, EIA, IPC, and Military Standards (Mil-Std-883, Mil-PRF-38535)
Strong leadership skills, program management skills, good problem solving, effective communication, writing and presenting technical reports.
Fast learner, self-motivated, team player and accomplishment-driven
Works well under pressure
Well-organized and detail-oriented with "Do it right the first time" attitude