DescriptionXilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
The VP of Data Center Sales will lead the team responsible for sales with Hyperscalers/CSP’s and Tier-1 Data Center customers.
This team will also be responsible for “sell-in” to OEM’s and interfacing with their Engineering, Sourcing, Product Management and Marketing teams will have responsibility for account management and revenue growth for major Data Center accounts in the North America and China, including clients like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Oracle, Apple, Alibaba and Huawei.
• Develop and own C-level executive relationships with the Tier-1 Data Center customers
• Account management responsibilities for ongoing development of creative and effective account strategies, education of Xilinx executives and other stakeholders on the account, and marshalling Xilinx resources to support account penetration.
• Identify and develop meaningful relationships with key account executives and decision-makers. Create influence and affinity for Xilinx and its products at assigned accounts.
• Organize Architect, FAE and other sales resources to identify, target and win designs at assigned accounts. Manage and report on design win pipeline.
• Drive revenue growth and market share gain at assigned accounts in line with account plans and company targets.
• Gather, analyze and deliver to Xilinx Marketing/Engineering all feedback from the account related to Xilinx products, and product/technology roadmaps.
• Provide guidance and support to members of the Xilinx Data Center sales team, as assigned.
• BS/MS Degree in an engineering discipline. MBA preferred
• The successful candidate for this role must possess significant direct selling and sales account management experience with Hyperscaler customers. Specific experience in selling semiconductor components or solutions into hyperscaler or enterprise data center accounts is preferred
• Knowledge of systems/solution selling which includes SW, IP and Design Tools is preferred. The preferred candidates will also be able to demonstrate a work history of focus on/attainment of excellent results, successful teamwork, and high personal accountability.
• The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment, and ability to master the sales approaches for new/emerging products and technologies.
• 15+ years in the semiconductor or equivalent high-technology industry; at least 10 years’ experience in Sales Leadership, or in another function with significant customer-facing responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams
• Up to 25% travel within NA and internationally