Embedded Product Applications Engineer
As a Xilinx Product Applications Engineer you will provide technical support for Xilinx SoC’s such as Zynq-7000 and Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC/RFSoC as well as the associated OS, SDK, drivers and BSP’s. You will interface directly with customers, field engineers and factory engineering groups to rapidly resolve complex technical issues enabling customers to proceed with their designs and improving Xilinx products along the way. The team supports bleeding edge Technology deployment across Xilinx's markets including ADAS, 5G, Autonomous Drive and IIOT.
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
- Provide direct technical support to customers on critical design issues
- Work in a team environment in identifying customer problems and proposing appropriate solutions
- Provide customers advice on alternative design techniques and the implementation of alternative solutions
- Provide information and data on a variety of Xilinx products
- Generating Wiki content and Answer Records
- Provide input to product development teams
- Handling customer escalations and tactical software patch requests
- Summarizing and providing customer feedback to the factory
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering required, Masters preferred
Experience and Skills required
- 0-3 years of Applications Engineering or related Embedded SW design experience (Linux preferred) with FPGA’s or SOCs. Zynq-7000 or Zynq UltraScale+ preferred.
- Understanding of embedded systems design flow and tools and ability to independently research and resolve issues
- Experience using some of U-Boot, Linux kernel, root filesystem, device-tree, QEMU, QT, Yocto, Buildroot
- Experience with Linux on Arduino, Raspberry PI
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- High initiative and self-starter
- Ability to communicate technical information in an organized and understandable fashion
- Customer oriented approach with a demonstrated concern and desire to work with and assist customers
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and track many activities in parallel