Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
----- Functional/Technical experience-----
- 5+ Years of strong experience in the support of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE), Kickstart and PXE environments. Can support, maintain, improve and troubleshoot the related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users, mentoring other system administrators in complex topics and interacting positively with management at all levels.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting in complex global Linux environments.
- Comfortable with all advanced aspects of Linux operating system administration. For example, system installation and configuration, high performance computing, security, installing third-party software in very large environments.
- Has a solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems; understands virtual memory management and kernel memory accounting, daemons, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (inode, clustering, LVM). Understands the Linux boot and configuration process. Understands the difference between the kernel and the user environment.
- Experience in configuration management tools is desirable (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack or others)
- Experience with Monitoring tools. i.e. Splunk, CA UIM or equivalent an added advantage
- Experience in Linux repository maintenance, and rpm/deb package creation/manipulation
- Experience supporting and using source code control tools, e.g. GIT, Perforce, CVS/RCS.
- Experience in NetApp or any other Network Storages is required.
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts. Understands and can configure NFS, DNS and LDAP and can troubleshoot complex issues in a very large, mixed Linux environment.
- Participate and/or lead in architecture decisions
- Experience with and understanding of virtualized environments (VMware, Citrix Xendesktop environment)
- Understanding of public/private cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack or others).
- Exposure to large (100+ node) compute clusters such as IBM Spectrum, LSF desirable.
Bachelor's degree in Computer science/Electronics is preferred
Years of Experience:
- 5 + years relevant IT system administration experience in technology or hi-tech companies
- Expert knowledge in Redhat/Ubuntu Linux OS, NFS, Autofs, LDAP.
- Knowledge of automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Knowledge or system patching tools.
- Working knowledge of Vmware, NAS storage technologies and network LAN, WAN, TCP/IP protocols.
- Be able to converse in Mandarin to support the counterparts in China.