Description Graduate Design Verification Engineer
Xilinx Edinburgh is adding to its Design and Verification team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a PhD or Masters Graduate Electronic Engineer with a passion for FPGA or ASIC development to join a team with access to world-class components and development infrastructure to work on all aspects of the FPGA development cycle. You'll be working in a well-established team responsible for the functional verification and testing of IP components and systems for use by the world’s leading wireless telecommunications companies.
The role involves development of Random-Constrained Functional-Coverage driven SystemVerilog testbenches and includes deriving specifications from customer requirements and industry standards through to verification planning, testbench architecture design and development and product verification.
This is an opportunity to work on leading-edge technologies including Data Centre products (AI, Machine Learning and Acceleration IP) and Wireless products (JESD204C, CPRI, eCPRI, X-RAN, Ethernet) and Data Centre products (AI, Machine Learning and Acceleration IP) using Xilinx's latest UltraScale and UltraScale+ products including MPSoC and RFSoC devices. These applications are critical to our company and to our customer’s success.
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
- PhD or Masters qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Object-oriented programming
- Experience with SystemVerilog (an advantage).
- Experience of programmable logic (FPGAs, ASICs, CPLD, embedded processors or microcontrollers).
- Experience in Verilog, VHDL (beneficial)
- Knowledge of OVM and/or UVM would be beneficial
- C or C++ development for embedded systems (an advantage).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Tcl/Perl/Python) to control Xilinx tools and/or other EDA tools (an advantage).
- Familiarity with Xilinx Vivado and SDK as well as 3rd party logic simulators (an advantage).
- Experience in verification of high speed logic to the highest quality (an advantage).