Xilinx SW Developer (Synthesis)
Xilinx is seeking a talented, self-driven and motivated software engineer to join its RTL Synthesis software development team in Hyderabad. The candidate will be responsible for design and development of synthesis features and optimizations in Xilinx’s current and next generation software tools. We are looking for smart, creative people who have a passion for solving complex problems.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in algorithms, data structures and SW engineering, with strong foundations in C++, boost / STL and strong coding practices. Experience in logic synthesis, high-level synthesis, or RTL front-end development is preferred. The candidate should have a solid understanding of SW quality and processes.
Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable
rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
· BS or MS in CS, EE or CE with 3+ years of software development experience
· Background in EDA tools development preferred
· Strong background in computer algorithms and data structures.
· Strong background in C++ programming including boost and STL
· Familiarity with parts of the VLSI Implementation or Verification flow.
· Familiarity with Verilog or VHDL.
· Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to think outside the box
· Experience with production software quality assurance practices, methodologies and procedures
· Excellent communication skills and experience working with global teams
Preferred: Exposure to any of these areas:
· Compilers, RTL front-end development
· RTL Synthesis algorithms, datapath or high-level synthesis
· Timing/area/power optimizations
· Technology mapping
· Static timing analysis
· Simulation, Formal Verification or Design For Test
· Exposure to FPGAs and FPGA software tool chain.